Parents as Teachers focuses on helping ALL children learn, grow and develop to their full potential. That means providing the information, support and encouragement that all parents need to help their children develop optimally during the crucial early years of life. Our goal is to help parents engage with their children in ways that lead to a lifetime of good health, educational achievement and future successes. Every year, thousands of families around the world benefit from engagement with parent educators who are trained and mentored.
- Support parent groups
- Increase Parent Knowledge of early childhood development and build stronger attachment between child and caregiver
- Provide early detection and developmental delays and health issues
- Increase children’s school readiness and success
- Prevent child abuse and neglect
- Initial engagement through Healthy Start prenatal risk program
- Provide model affiliates with highest level of support to ensure successful outcomes