Are you a data nerd, financial wiz who wants to make a difference in the lives of the mother babies and families of Indian River County?
Indian River County Healthy Start Coalition is looking for an Associate Executive Director. This person would be responsible two main areas.
- Grants and Contracts: writing, reporting and ensuring compliance for all grants (15-20 per year, ranging from $7,000- $60,000) and contracts (30 per year, ranging from $4,000- $600,000).
- Financial management and oversight: creating budgets both agency (2 million), department/program (8-12), and project budgets (20-30). Ensure compliance to these budgets and reporting accurately to funders, board and committees.
Grants/ contracts: 35%
In addition to these main areas, AED will be expected to work with the CEO and assist in all projects and duties.
- Expertise in proposal development and grant management
- Experience in contract development and management
- Experience with data systems and quality measures
- The ability to adjust well to change
- Experience building and managing budgets with multiple revenue sources and diverse restrictions
- Experience in grant and contract management (local and state/ federal)
- Experience using QuickBooks and excel
- A master’s degree (preferred)
- Knowledge of GAAP and Federal tax guidelines and laws
- Experience working in nonprofit
- Keeping a Zen and positive work environment
- Meeting deadlines with time to spare
- Keeping an organized environment
- To do a good job, for the sake of it.
- Solving problems
- Being independent with lots of room to make decisions
- Experience working in Healthy Start and/or familiarity with Healthy Start System of Care
- Love of maternal child health
Job Type: Full-time
- QuickBooks: 3 years (Preferred)
- Nonprofit: 5 years (Preferred)
- GAAP: 3 years (Required)
- Contract Management: 3 years (Required)
- Proposal Writing: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Other types of insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules