Program Manager Healthy Start- Cleveland Clinic
Program Manager Healthy Start- Cleveland Clinic
Program Manager is the lead for most of the Healthy Start programs in Indian River County: Babies and Beyond program (serving 95% of all new mothers in county with prenatal education, childbirth education, lactation support,and newborn nurse home visitation), Health Education Program (Health Education-Prenatal), Coordinated Intake & Referral program (connections for all moms) and Community Doula program (providing doula care for 200 moms a year). Each of which uses an empowerment based model to support and educate parents to be the best they can be. These programs are highly integrated into the maternal and child health system and are pivotal in the support of families and the prevention of infant mortality. As a Healthy Start staff you put mother, babies and families first every time.
BASIC FUNCTION: The primary duty of the Clinical Program Manager is to supervise, motivate, train, and evaluate employees, and planning and directing their work. However, as a registered nurse this position is responsible for providing clinical input and coordinating with clinical staff at hospital to insure clinical protocols followed. It is also the responsibility of the Clinical Program Manager to keep hospital staff informed about all Healthy Start programming in conjunction with coalition staff and director of Healthy Start. This position is also responsible for providing evidence-based prenatal and childbirth education classes, and to work with the director of Healthy Start to host training (mothers and babies, Edinburgh screening, ASQ screening).
SUPERVISORY ACCOUNTABILITY: The position is responsible for the supervision of Program Supervisor and direct service staff who provides services under the Babies and Beyond program, Health Education Program, Coordinated Intake & Referral program and Community Doula program. This includes: lactation support staff in hospital setting (CLC or IBCLC), home visitation RN who provides PP & newborn home visits to new moms and babies residing in Indian River County, Health Educators and CI&R staff.
NATURE AND SCOPE: This position will interact with patients, families, physicians, staff and external agencies.
· Responsible for working in a safe and protective manner at all times, keeping in mind that safety and environmental hazards are the responsibility of all employees for themselves, other staff members and patients.
· Motivates employees to improve quality and quantity of work performed. Monitors client caseload, workflow, outside provider support and issues relating to care for pregnant women, new mothers and infants in the community.
· Evaluates employees through establishing evaluation criteria in each job description to assure criteria are met.
· Assists with developing and implementing Babies and Beyond procedures at provider offices to assure smooth office operations.
· Teaches and/or assures Babies and Beyond staff are trained on policies and procedures of Healthy Start services.
· Supervises Healthy Start practices are of high quality and professional support. Monitors all referrals provided to the programs by outside partners.
· Provides monthly one on one supervision to staff (this supervision is increased if staff member is on corrective action).
· Monitors required outcomes and objectives as per funding requirements. Participates in management meetings to plan and implement program policies and procedures. Submits monthly and quarterly QA/QI reports to the Healthy Start coalition.
· Participates as appropriate in local community events to promote maternal and child health and to represent the program.
· Supports staff and provides necessary back-up in their absence. Serves as a role model for staff, carries out the mission and vision of the Indian River County Healthy Start coalition and CCIRH. Provides prenatal/childbirth education classes.
· Provides training and education to staff and community. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
CORE COMPETENCIES: Must be knowledgeable and demonstrate competency in working with families, prenatal clients, and children in a social service setting. Ability to work collaboratively in a group/team setting. Ability to prepare data and interpret trends, outcomes. Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate across diverse patient populations. Ability to multi-task and apply critical thinking skills to problem solve. Demonstrated ability to learn and navigate through Well Family database system.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN) preferred, and a minimum of three (3) years’ management experience in maternal child healthcare or public health, and quality assurance activities required.
CCIRH IS A DRUG AND NICOTINE FREE WORKPLACE The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic’s Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
PLEASE SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER
Job Type: Full-time
- Public health: 3 years (Preferred)
- supervisory: 3 years (Preferred)
- Program Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- OB Nurse: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Monday to Friday
Company’s Facebook page:
- Temporarily due to COVID-19