Join our dynamic team. Explore our career opportunities below.
Communications and Development Coordinator
Full-time (40 hrs.)
Medical insurance provided (dental and vision available)
401k 4% matching
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the Communications and Development Coordinator manages all activities related to fund development, public relations, and marketing. In partnership with the Chief Executive Officer and other key volunteers and staff. He/she will work with contract positions who support press, special event planning and graphic design in order to meet organizational communications and fundraising goals.
The Communications and Development Coordinator assists in the creation the annual fund development and communication action plan. This plan is designed in response to goals established by the board of directors. Once developed the execution of actions and tracking of each action are the responsibility of the Communications and Development Coordinator.
Relationship building and thoughtful details are the cornerstone of this positon.
- Time Analysis:
- Events – 20%
- Campaign – 20%
- Donor – 20%
- Communication – 20%
- Other – 20%
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Obsessive attention to detail.
- Ability to build authentic relationships.
- 2 years of experience directly applicable to the primary work require
- Passion for the organization’s mission and initiative
- Positive, energetic, and outgoing attitude with a strong work ethic, team-player mentality, and willingness and ability to adapt to changing scenario
- The ability to be an out-of-the-box strategic thinking, self-motivated, committed, and ability to implement plans that support moving the organization forward.
- Keeping a Zen and positive work environment
- Meeting deadlines with time to spare
- Keeping an Organization environment
- To do a good job, for the sake of it.
- Solving problems
- Being independent with lots of room to make decisions
- Experience working in Healthy Start and/or familiarity with Healthy Start System of Care
- Love of maternal child health
Day to day:
- Managing Action Plan: implement an Annual Fund Development and Communications Action Plan, with SMART goals in collaboration with CEO and board.
- Annual Fund and Underwriting: manage and execute all expects of annual appeal
- Database management: ensure information in database is accurate, and segmented in to ensure effective list use.
- Donor Relationships: coordinate effort to establish, cultivate and steward strong relationships with donors including development and implementation of a donor recognition program, and timely, appropriate communication with donors to increase their loyalty to Healthy Start Coalition’s mission. Lead coordination of donor stewardship and cultivation event
- Donor acknowledgment: ensure all donors are thanked and provided with impact report
- Grants: In partnership with Associate Director, who is responsible for writing grant applications and managing and report on grant funding, ensure funders are stewarded and recognized appropriately.
- Special Fundraising Events: Provide overall direction, support, information, and encouragement to the special fundraising event committe
- Press and community awareness: write and send press releases, pitch stories along with contract positions.
- Social media: execute all social media in promotion of organization and maternal and child health
- Marketing materials: Keep educational and marketing materials up to date and in accordance with all funder requirements
- Requires the ability to stand and sit for hours at a time. Some bending and stooping is required.
- Must be able to use manual dexterity in relation to typing.
- Must be able to lift 25lbs.
“Help without judgement. It was such a relief to have a place to turn
when I was overwhelmed during pregnancy. “
Sarah, Mom of 3
Our classes are free and geared to providing a safe space for you to learn and ask questions. RSVP online and attend at our office in mid-Vero to meet others, learn new tips and enjoy a healthy, happy pregnancy. Upcoming classes are listed as follows.
Medical + Immunizations
Development + Milestones
Health + Emotional Management
Nutrition + Feeding
Playgroups + Peer Support
Local Breastfeeding and Pumping Resources
BABIES AND BEYOND (formerly TLC NEWBORN): (772) 563-4311, ext. 1277 and 1278. Certified lactation counselors provide free education, consultation, and support to all breastfeeding families during pregnancy and after the baby is born. Services are offered in English and Spanish.
BREASTFEEDING HAPPY HOUR: (772) 563-9118, ext. 115. A great place to come together with other mothers, ask questions, and get some hands on help. Facilitated by Linda Roberts, IBCLC. Call for details.
WIC SUPPLEMENTAL NUTRITION PROGRAM: (772) 794-7430 Provides breastfeeding education, support, and consultation.
LALECHE LEAGUE (LLL) OF INDIAN RIVER COUNTY: (402) 770-5867, or firstname.lastname@example.org. LLL provides Mother-to-Mother support via monthly meetings, web based, and phone help.
WIC: (772) 794-7430 Call local WIC office for assistance with breastfeeding and pumping.
1900 27th Street, Vero Beach, FL 32960
INSURANCE PROVIDERS: Call your insurance company or Medicaid provider to inquire about provision of breast pumps. Many insurance companies will provide a breast pump free of charge as part of their benefits.
PERKINS MEDICAL SUPPLY: (772) 569-3797
BAILEY PHARMACY & MEDICAL SUPPLY: (772) 226-7700
Latest News + Tips
When it comes to baby, the recommendations to have ALL THE THINGS can sometimes overwhelm a new mom. The latest, greatest gadgets can seem great - but often, after baby comes home, you may find yourself using it to hold laundry rather than help with baby. Sometimes,...
FROM THE DESK OF INDIAN RIVER HEALTHY START COALITION CEO, ANDREA BERRY. When my second child Finnegan was born, my oldest Sullivan had just turned two. It was a wild time -- looking back, I can say that babywearing saved me. It would have been nearly impossible to...
Following several months of planning and generating community support, Indian River Healthy Start recently announced that it launched the Nurse Family Partnership (NFP) program in August, which will locally serve 25 first-time mothers in the Gifford area. The Nurse...
The Indian River County Healthy Start Coalition has taken one of their successful programs, originally named Belly Beautiful, and expanded it by leaps and bounds including a name change to Babies & Beyond, showing the scope of what the new program now offers. CEO...